Management is never an easy job, especially when you are new to it. In the past, you only needed to worry about meeting your key performance indicator (KPI) but now, you are leading an entire team! That comes with a lot of responsibilities and expectations to deal with.
In this programme, we will look at three competencies, enabling the supervisor to optimise his/her performance and be a more competent supervisor.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- learn a positive and real-world approach to be effective both personally and professionally
- lead through role modelling
WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance 2.0 (ACLP 2.0) is a Train-The-Trainer (TTT) programme designed to equip you with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) recognised Training and Adult Education (TAE) competencies to perform the role of a learning facilitator and assessor of SSG-funded certifiable courses, and also enable you to support the performance needs of enterprises and learners experiencing industry transformation. Upon completion of the WSQ ACLP 2.0 programme, you will be issued with a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance from SkillsFuture Singapore which you can download through MySkillsFuture Portal.
This programme is offered by the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), an autonomous institute of the Singapore University of Social Sciences (UEN: 200504979Z) (SUSS).
- Understand key principles in adult learning, instructional design and classroom learning delivery
- Adopt the Skills Framework for employers, employees and training providers
- Conduct technology-enabled learning for your learners
- Conduct workplace learning interventions aligned to enterprise needs
- Implement competency-based assessments
- Use learner profiles effectively to facilitate tech-enabled learning, workplace learning and classroom learning
The effectiveness of a manager is highly interlinked with the proficiency and performance of his or her team members. A manager who makes the effort to instil a positive learning culture and regularly seeks to empower team members with new skills will eventually build a high-performing and adaptive team. Team members will also feel greatly valued, engaged and equipped to do their jobs, making it easier for the manager to exercise his or her leadership.
This programme is designed to provide leaders and managers with practical insights, a step-by-step guide, and tools that can be used to identify the skills required of their team members and to coach them towards mastery.
* This course is one of the modules for EON Leadership 4.0 Series. It is also aligned to the competency modules requirement leading to a full Leadership & People Management (LPM) WSQ qualification. Please click here for more information.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- establish performance results required of the team
- use a common coaching model to give timely feedback to team members to steer them towards achievement of team goals
- identify skills that are needed for the team to succeed
- develop plans to build up the capabilities of the team